Sunday, June 17, 2012

Would you?

Would you marry a Buddhist if you were a Christian? 

I'm quite not sure why I got interested about this all of a sudden. (Weh, di mo talaga alam?) Okay, fine. It's my kahibangan level: 100 that made me ask this.

Besides having crush who happens to be a Buddhist, I have read a book entitled Jesus and Buddha: The Parallel Sayings (Marcus Borg) about Jesus, Buddhist and their parallel sayings (obvious ba masyado sa title? :D) It was really cool how they are really similar.

These made me think, that yes, maybe I would consider marrying a Buddhist. But I'm not sure though if I will let him be converted or I will. In the book mentioned earlier, the author said that if Jesus and Buddha meet, one would not convince the other to be converted because, they know they almost have similar teachings only stated in a different manner. So... if you were a Christian, would you marry Buddhist? Or if you are a Buddhist, would marry a Christian?

If someday, I get to be in love with a Buddhist, and he proposes a marriage, out of faith or love, what should we do? :)

Much love,

Shasta ê


No comments:

Post a Comment