Saturday, May 26, 2012

I AM NO MANILA GIRL

This post does not intend to offend preppies of Manila.

It was during my first year in college when I experienced culture shock. I have lived in Manila for almost thirteen years that made my classmates call me MANILA GIRL when I transferred to Nueva Vizcaya to study. Well, I never really like it when people call me that. There's this common and usual impression of people especially girls who live in Manila that they are sosy to the point that some think they are symbols of kaartehan. And being maarte meant something negative. This is one reason why some of my classmates were not really comfortable approaching me at first but they then realized that that not all who lived in and comes from Manila is such thing.

TRIVIA: Some who grew up in the province are even way more more more maarte than my friends in Manila. I know some, who are soooo in-denial of knowing our dialect, Ilokano, when they actually lived in the province since like for forever.They will all be like, "Di naman ako nakakaintindi ng Ilokano eh." Pagsasampalin kaya kita! I even had a classmate who planned to wear a pair of high-heeled footwear on our field trip. A smart fashionista would not do that, unless carry talaga niya.

Sometimes, these things pisses me off. But okay, a world is a stage and it has characters and one good tip, be yourself! Try hard, but not too much and be somebody else. It sucks. Really.

Much love,

Shasta

2 comments:

  1. hahahaha. this is true.
    some are ignoramus for being judgmental and loves generalization. stereotyping are like being racist.

    ang mga manileño karamihan mabubuting tao. mas maraming malalandi at mga "FOB" sa ibang kanayunan na pumunta ng manila para mag aral at mag hanap buhay at maging illegal settlers. yung iba nakikipag bandwagon pa mga "trying hard" fucks naman.

    sa manila karamihan mas maraming pusakal, rapist, drug users, mandarambong na galing probinsya ayon sa statistika.

    Yung gusto magsuot ng high heels sa field trip is not a fashionista....she just want to be bragged as one of the fashionista pero "PILIT". dapat sa kanya sinasampal ng tsinelas na may tae sa swelas para magising.

    a true blue manileño won't do such stupid fucks to show "hey astig ako, maarte ako" because for them it will manifest for who you really are without forcing it.

    i am a manileño but i know how to adapt as well other dialects, food, clothes and other fuck face. i love natures and adventures.

    i can express my feelings with "oh damn fuck, niggah!" and "eh potangina naman yan eh"

    ReplyDelete
  2. So true kuya! Di sila gumaya sa akin. HAHAHA. Thankss for reading :D

    ReplyDelete